Thursday 14 February 2013

Saint Valentines Day.

Posted by Unknown at 15:01:00

What do you do on what's supposed to be the most romantic day of the year when you have two babies? Well me and Dane don't exactly go all out on V day anyway but we would usually sit down for a nice meal or something, given that we are both off work of course. But this year it will be a meal for four, well three, with some breast milk thrown in for good measure!

I do think it is important to make time for ourselves as a couple now that we have the boys. Having babies does put a strain on any relationship, no matter how much you love each other it is still hard work to bring up a family, and anyone who has a baby thinking it will fix a relationship is sadly mistaken, from my point of view, having a baby can break the strongest of couples, you have to work at it and if you're lucky it will make you stronger in the long run, like a test!

That said I don't think we need a day to remind us to think of each other or remember how much we love each other, we just know! And the proof is out there for all to see, the boys! They are the evidence of how much we love one another, they are the biggest show of commitment we could have.

The love you have for your baby is the kind that you won't believe exists before you have one, people say how amazing it is and like nothing ever felt before and it's true! It's a mix of pure unconditional love and a feeling of knowing you would do anything for that little person no matter who or what they become, it's a love that you just know will last forever. The love I feel for Connor and Logan is different to anything I've ever felt. When I was pregnant with Logan there was always that worry wether I could love him as much as I do Connor or wether they would have to share, like I had a limited amount to give and Connor was taking it all up, but thats not how it works, my love didn't halve it doubled! I didn't know it was possible to love so much but they made it so. And this brought a new surge of love for Dane, he had given them to me, a forever bond to the man I love with all my heart, no matter what he will always be the father of my children the man I chose to start my family and share my life with, and he chose ME!

Happy Valentines Day!

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

At Home With Connor Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea